The Ceilidh Place opened in 1970. A small café in the shed, selling salmon, chips, tea, porridge, pitta (first outside London), soup and chewing gum. It had a philosophy, and grew organically. We had a development plan – when we needed a longer shelf we moved the wall.
Thirty three summers have past since and the facilities now include café/bar, bookshop, gallery, parlour bar, hotel(posh rooms), bunkhouse(sleeping rough!) and venue(wonderful musicians and artists, send e-mail address for info.)
Come and be welcome.
The Ceilidh Place
14 West Argyle Street, Ullapool,
Ross-shire, IV26 2TY
Disabled Facilities: no
Pets Welcome: no
On the east shore of Loch Broom, Ullapool was founded in 1788 as a herring port by the British Fisheries Society. It was designed by David Aitken who was advised by Thomas Telford.